Have you ever wanted to buy luxury goods on the Internet but not sure of authenticity or condition? Have you ever wanted to sell your stuff online but not sure if the buyer can be trusted? With Dr. Runway Escrow Service, we protect both buyers and sellers from any potential scam arising from online transactions. For buyers, you can rest assured that you will get the item that you want, professionally authenticated and thoroughly checked for any undisclosed damage. For sellers, you will get paid quickly for your item without having to worry about a thing.
Dr. Runway Escrow Service Fee
For item priced at $500 or more, our service fee is 10% of item price for the buyer + 10% of item price for the seller.
For item priced below $500, our service fee is $50 for the buyer + $50 for the seller.
How Our Escrow Service Works
- Our escrow service is available for buyers within the United States only. Sellers can be located anywhere in the world.
- Either the buyer or the seller submits the Escrow Service Request Form below to start the escrow process.
- We will inform the buyer to send payment via Western Union to us for the amount of the item plus buyer’s service fee (10% of item price or $50, whichever is greater).
- Once we receive the fund from the buyer, we will inform the seller to ship the item to our head office in California.
- Once we receive the item, it will be personally authenticated by our in-house professional authenticator with more than 20 years of experience and thoroughly checked for any undisclosed damage.
- If the item is authentic, we will take detailed pictures of the item, upload them to our website, issue Authenticity Certificate Card (PVC material) with unique URL for future verification, and ship the item to the buyer via USPS or UPS, fully insured with signature confirmation. At the same time, we will send payment minus seller’s service fee (10% of item price or $50, whichever is greater) to the seller.
- If the item is counterfeit, we will return the item to the seller at the seller’s expense. The buyer will be refunded for the item price. However, our service fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If the item is authentic but has damages not previously described, we will take pictures of the damages and send them to the buyer for consideration. If the buyer decides to accept the item, we will continue the process as in number 6 above. If the buyer decides to refuse the item, we will continue the process as in number 7 above.
Comparison with Other Online Marketplaces
|Features||Dr. Runway Escrow||eBay||Poshmark||Mercari||Tradesy|
|Insurance||Fully insured||No||No||$100 max||No|
|Seller gets paid if nothing goes wrong||3 days after item arrives at our head office||3 days after buyer receives item||3 days after buyer receives item||3 days after buyer receives item||21 days after buyer receives item|
|Buyer gets refund if something goes wrong||3 days after item arrives at our head office||Many days after buyer receives item and submits claim||A few days after buyer receives item and submits claim||A few days after buyer receives item and submits claim||A few days after buyer receives item and submits claim|
Escrow Service Request Form